Pages

Friday, 25 September 2015

Lake Taupo




 Lake Taupo is the largest lake in New Zealand, created by a volcanic eruption, and the pride of the area. The first day I decided to take a walk along the lake. It was a grey day, and of course is started raining halfway through. I kept on going, though, and rainy walks have their own allure.








After my second day here, I decided to go down to the lake to take some photos at dusk. Like most people I love sunrises and sunsets. The light, of course, is beautiful, but there's also something incredibly calming about witnessing the transition, from day to night and night to day. It is such an obvious change of state, yet one that is easy to ignore.



And today, today I walked back along the lake, after visiting the botanical garden. I wasn't really planning on stopping for photos, but blue sky was visible for the first time while I've been here, and the sun was just starting to set. People were walking leisurely along the beach, after a day of work or exploring. Nobody were rushing, everyone just enjoying the last rays of sunshine of the day.

And it's quite incredible, how different a place can feel, depending on things like time and weather. You can go somewhere a thousand times, and yet still discover something new, feel something new, the one thousand and first time you visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment