Pages

Friday, 11 September 2015

Finally There!

I have survived the very long journey here, and am now sitting in my Auckland hostel. In addition to two long-haul flights, my journey also included a 10-hour layover in Dubai, luckily with an included hotel room for the night.




The hotel room where I got a few precious hours' sleep, and the view from said hotel room. As my plane landed around midnight, and I had to be at the airport again around 8 the next morning, I figured that it would probably be best to skip exploring Dubai alone. Which means that I've only seen the airport, the hotel, and the journey in-between. I did get a stamp in my passport and a chance to feel the 35 degree heat, though, which means I've officially been to Dubai.

After my very brief hotel stay followed an 11-hour journey to Melbourne, followed by another 3 hours to Auckland. I actually don't mind long-haul flights, as they give you a chance to just relax, read and watch movies, while flight attendants keep giving you water/wine/whatever you want. The only drawback was that I could not sleep at all, so for the last 48 hours I've managed to stay awake for about 42 of them.

But now I've finally reached my (first) final destination, and tomorrow the real exploring starts.

(I don't know if anybody but my parents will be interested in reading these kind of update posts, as not much exciting has happened, but I'm going to post them anyway for those who are interested)


No comments:

Post a Comment