Pages

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Around Auckland and a little update

I'm still in Auckland, though only for one more day. When I got here, I didn't really have a plan. If you know me, you know that I'm usually organized, and so going somewhere without any real plan of action was both freeing and terrifying. Travelling alone has also taken some getting used to, which is another thing that's both freeing and scary. Though I suppose freeing things often are, for the simple reason that you're letting go of a safety net. Although I still don't have a solid plan, I now have an idea of what I'm doing next. The next ten days or so are going to be spent travelling down the North Island, with Wellington as the final destination (for now). I promise I will post loads of pictures! And of course, I have travelled a bit around the Auckland region, so there will be many photos below (a bit too many, so the Auckland City photos shall have to wait for another time).

................

Jeg er fortsatt i Auckland, men bare fram til torsdag. Da jeg kom hit hadde jeg ikke noen ordentlig plan. Alle som kjenner meg vet at jeg vanligvis er veldig organisert, så å reise et sted uten noen handlingsplan var både befriende og veldig skremmende. Det har også tatt litt tid å venne meg til å reise alene, noe som også er både befriende og skremmende. Men det er vel ofte sånn at det som er befriende også er skummelt, fordi man må gi slipp på et sikkerhetsnett. Jeg har fortsatt ikke noen helt fast plan, men jeg har en idé om hva jeg vil gjøre. De neste ti dagene eller deromkring skal jeg reise nedover Nordøya, men Wellington som det endelige mål (for denne gang). Jeg lover at jeg kommer til å legge ut mange bilder! Og så klart har jeg også reist litt rundt i Auckland-regionen, så noen bilder herfra kommer under (det er litt for mange, så bilder fra selve byen får vente til en annen gang).


Rangitoto Island
Rangitoto Island is a volcanic island outside of Auckland. It's around 600 years old, so quite young in volcanic terms, but is now basically just a hill. I made my way there a cloudy Sunday morning, and still managed to get sunburnt. It really is true that the sun is stronger in New Zealand! While there I met some other travellers just starting their working holiday, and none of them have any real idea of what they're doing either, so at least that's comforting.

Piha Beach
Nicola, who is a friend of some family friends, offered to take me out to Piha Beach one day, as it is very hard to get there with public transport. I am so glad she did, because this place was absolutely beautiful. A surfer's paradise in summer, it's still too cold for it to be busy now (apparently it's usually quite a bit warmer here this time of year), which means we had it almost to ourselves.


Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island is another summer paradise, and I definitely chose the wrong day to visit. Some places are just better in sunshine. As the island is known for its vineyards, I made sure to have lunch at one. Somehow, this was the first time I've ever eaten at a (proper) restaurant by myself, and I can safely say that it isn't as big of a deal as it's sometimes made out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment